Jolyn Hunt has experience in all aspects of insurance defense and general civil litigation. She has considerable experience defending claims of personal injury, premises liability, product liability, medical and psychiatric malpractice, and other defense litigation. Jolyn has successfully tried numerous cases to jury verdict.
Prior to working at Carmichael Clark, Jolyn defended hospitals, physicians, manufacturers of medical devices and pharmaceuticals, business owners, and insurance companies and their insureds in civil litigation. She practiced law in Houston and Dallas, Texas, for over 13 years before relocating to Bellingham, WA.
Licensed to Practice law since: 1991
With Carmichael Clark since: 2012
- Baylor University School of Law , Waco, TX, J.D., 1991
- Baylor University, Waco, TX, B.B.A. in International Business, and Economics, 1988
Recognition, Publications, and Presentations
- Speaker at various medical malpractice seminars
- Attended National Institute for Trial Advocacy, National Session, 1996
- Jolyn’s experience includes multiple significant defense jury verdicts for a national health care company (National Medical Enterprise); and one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the United States (Memorial Hermann Hospital System).
- Jolyn also handled cases involving: car accidents, slip and falls, construction accidents, rape, fire, and life insurance sales practices.
- Other representative matters litigated include the defense of:
- Baxter Healthcare Corporation in product liability cases related to silicone breast implants.
- CIGNA HealthCare in cases involving allegations of fraud, conspiracy and medical negligence associated with the provision of health care to health care plan participants.
- The Prudential Insurance Company of America in cases related to its life insurance sales practices and the performance of its life insurance policies.
- Mutual of Enumclaw, PEMCO, CNA, State Farm Insurance, State Farm Fire and Casualty Company, Farmers Insurance Group, and their insureds in various personal injury and property matters.
- Physicians, hospitals, home healthcare providers, nursing homes, and mental healthcare providers, against claims of medical, nursing and psychiatric malpractice, including claims for failure to diagnose, informed consent and surgical negligence.
- Whatcom County Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
- Washington State Bar Association
- Texas (Inactive)
- Our TreeHouse, formerly Kids’ Council Northwest, Board Member, 2007-2015
- Loving Space Programs, Board Member, 2010-2012