Michael T. Kleps
Michael Kleps focuses his practice in the areas of Wills, Trusts, Estates, and Elder Law. Michael prepares estate planning documents for clients and advises fiduciaries such as Personal Representatives, lay Guardians, Professional Guardians, Trustees, and Attorneys-in-Fact.
Michael was a sole practitioner in these areas of law prior to practicing with Carmichael Clark.
Michael grew up in a small, Oregon logging town, and fondly remembers a culture there where people were familiar with and looked out for one another. He strives to provide down to earth services and is grateful his work for clients spans a range of wealth classes, tackles issues that affect us all and involves life’s most important decisions.
Michael helps families and individuals face legal challenges related to death, aging and disability.
Practicing law since: 2005
With Carmichael Clark since: 2014
- Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D., 2004
- Legal Extern to Superior Court Judge Michael Price
- Gonzaga International Law Journal, Associate Editor
- University of Oregon, B.A. in Journalism, 2001
Recognition, Certifications, & Presentations
- Rising Star, Washington Super Lawyers Magazine, 2014
- Speaker at NBI, Inc. Seminar for Attorneys entitled Estate Administration Procedures: Why Each Step is Important (2013)
- Past speaker to organizations such as NAMI NW, FACES NW, NW Regional Counsel on Aging, Alzheimer Society of Washington.
- Certified Mediator
- Certified Hospice Volunteer
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys Elder Service Providers
- Northwest Washington Estate Planning Counsel
- Elder Law Section of the Washington State Bar Association
- Real Estate and Probate Section of the Washington State Bar Association