Simi Jain’s practice includes counseling private and municipal clients on permitting and issues ranging from compliance with the Public Records Act to the Growth Management Act. She appears in state and federal courts as well as before various administrative hearing bodies. She also advises and represents clients in environmental and real estate related issues.
Prior to joining Carmichael Clark, Simi practiced for a civil litigation firm in Sumner, WA.
Practicing law since: 2004
With Carmichael Clark since: 2006
- Vermont Law School, J.D., 2004
- President, Moot Court Advisory Board
- Deans Fellow, 2003
- Vermont Law School, M.S. in Environmental Law, 2004, cum laude
- Bowdoin College, B.A. in Government and Environmental Studies, 2000
Recognition, Publications, and Presentations
- “Reliance on Local Threshold Determination for State Permitting,” SEPA: State Environmental Policy Act, Lorman Education Services, 06/19/13
- Weeks v. Skagit County and Larry B. Dent, Snohomish County Superior cause no. 12-2-08011-7.
- Rhyon Caldwell v. Ecology & Whatcom County, et al, Washington Shoreline Hearings Board case no. 11-012.
- Sturtz v. Shine, Washington Court of Appeals, Div. 1, case no. 61224-7-I.
- Whatcom County Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association, Washington Environmental and Land Use Section
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- Whatcom Adult Soccer Association, 2009 – present
- Bellingham City Club, Board Member, 2015-present